Room and breakfast, bed & brunch or bed & breakfast – it can be called many things…
Breakfast, as they say, is the most important meal of the day. It is even more so when you are on vacation and finally have the time for it. The Lusiana La Scuola Guesthouse gives you back the time you’re missing: served at the time you prefer until… the time you prefer!.
Breakfast is served on the ground floor that was once used as classrooms: today it has been restored, but kept as much as possible in original form, with a bit added fun and fantasy. The room theme is the alphabet. During the summer months, you can enjoy breakfast in the lovely courtyard in front of La Scuola, in the shade of the linden trees.
Sweet and savory, healthy, local and super fresh: wood-fired bread, local butter and yoghurt of the highest quality, organic jams, hazelnut cream, croissants, typical cheeses and cured meats, fresh and seasonal fruit and our “merendina”, an exclusive sweet recipe inspired by the “polenta” and milk snack the pupils used to have here the past.
Have you ever helped your mother prepare a cake or cookies?
I did, and I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed it even more when I visited my grandmother: she let me into her great, old pastry laboratory, with a coal oven and I rummaged through the drawers, ate the chunks of chocolate that she used for croissants and played with the molds.
On the other side of the house, my grandmother sold homemade pastries in her store: cream bigné shaped like a swan, brioche, “pain au chocolat“, almond cake and “gaufrettes“, a wafer filled with sweet butter cream and sugar.
The room has a charming wood-burning stove for relaxing in the colder season – read a book, listen to music or chat.
We also offer all the information you need for lunch and dinner: directions, restaurant menus for Lusiana, Asiago, Marostica, Bassano del Grappa and surrounding areas: from pub fare to gourmet restaurants to farmhouse restaurants, and mountain retreats – some even Michelin starred.
· hair&body showergel with local wild Rosemary and Equisetum
· hair dryer
· linen bed sets from Flanders
· every 3 days new towels
. daily room cleaning
· dogs are welcome but only in the Science room
· free wi-fi
· phone booking for restaurants table, visits and guided tours
· touristic information brochures and maps
· The School Gift: give a stay at La Scuola, it’s easy, just 2 clicks and a nice gift voucher designed by us reaches whoever you want … discover all the Gift Certificates available!!
P.S.: We do not have TV sets! By choice … we hope that, as we do, you will appreciate the view, rest, a good book or a movie to watch on your tablet with the free wi-fi in your room!
Upon request and with a fee
· A nice surpirse: a small bouquet? a bottle of wine or a bottle of bubble bath gel to make a lot of bubbles in the Belle Epoque bathtub? Check-out our packages!
· e-bike rental
· pic-nic lunch box (to be ordered the day before)
· professional guides for bike tours and itineraries, historic and naturalistic walks
· exclusive booking of the house for private events (price and terms to be agreed)
· transfer from Vicenza, Asiago, Bassano del Grappa or Marostica
· car rental here in Lusiana at affordable rate
· baby sitter (fluent English, German and French school level)
· Italian language lessons
Enjoy, respect and relax.
USE OF THE KITCHEN IS NOT ALLOWED. If you occasionally want to have a small meal, the good cheese you bought or a take away pizza, you can do it with kind respect of the house and of any other guests. For your baby meal we provide bottle warmer and baby food warmer.
A story of sustainability
Many things brought us here – family and professional experiences, personal passion and above all a desire to create a sustainable venture – both financially and for an area that we love.